Date: Begins October 22, 2023
Learn to Curl (LTC) members play in their own specially designed league that features
instruction and coaching every week for the entire season from qualified coaches.
beginning of the season will focus more on instruction and skills development. It will slowly
ease into playing games so that by the end of the season, you’ll have a great understanding of
the game including rock delivery, sweeping, strategy, and the importance of each position.
Curling Canada curriculum is aimed specifically at people who have not curled before.
Who should join this league?
What are the benefits of LTC for new curlers?
- This league is for adults who have no curling experience, or those returning to the game
with less than 10 games’ experience
- This league or 10+ games of experience are pre-requisites to join our other leagues
- After the first 10 weeks of instruction, LTC curlers can spare in other leagues for the
remainder of the season
Can I join a different league after a few weeks of LTC?
- Curlers will receive on and off ice instruction and coaching every week for the whole season
by qualified coaches, including the essential skills of rock delivery and sweeping
- By having coaches available during games, curlers will also learn the needs of each position
and game strategy
- The high instructor to student ratio accelerates skill development
- You will play games! Which is the funnest part! This is not just a skills development course
- Participating in this league will increase the safety and enjoyment of the sport for new
curlers. Proper equipment and technique will be used to keep our curlers safe on the ice
- Brooms are available. Wear comfortable clothing that stretches and dedicate a pair of shoes
for curling to keep the ice clean
We feel it is best for new curlers to remain in LTC for the entire season to get the full benefit of
the program. A few weeks of instruction is not enough to learn the sport and stay safe when
joining other leagues. We’ve designed the program to ensure that you’ll develop skills and have
fun playing games! Trust us… once you start in the program you’ll want to stay!
Note: After the first 10 weeks of instruction, LTC curlers can spare in other leagues for the remainder of the season.